Laser Cut Clothing Tags..

 Keeping the flow and continuity of the other VM pieces I've had a darn good play with some clothing tag designs to get to my finals for the Summer 13 collections. What I've used to make these bad boys is left over  scrap acrylic from around the University that otherwise would go to waste so again I'm trying to be as eco-friendly as possible and play on the concept of using waste and (what I believe to be) a synthetic medium weight Nylon that when burnt seals itself to eliminate the worry of fraying! Had this fabric left over from a long time ago so forgive my feeble brain for forgetting exactly what it is..



I've still got a variety of designs lurking in my sketchbook so it's possible that from time to time the design of the tags is going to be mixed up dependent on what materials I'm able to get my hands on but I'm hoping that this is a way of keeping the brand fresh and exciting? Below is just a snippet of my sketchbook development work that led me to this conclusion..








No comments:

Post a Comment